Stunning Bridal Shower Centerpieces
The type of bridal shower centerpieces you choose for your tables will have a big impact on your overall presentation.
Choose from one of these shower centerpiece ideas and you can be sure that first impression will be a good one!
Submit Your Bridal Shower Photos To Us!
If you've got some funny ideas and photos to share, we'd love for you to send them over via this form. You can WIN a cool prize - but more importantly, you'll be taking part in creating the Web's ultimate wedding & bridal shower community for everyone to share and enjoy!
These adorable candy-coated "topiaries" are easy to make yourself! Because there are infinite options for personalization, you can make these compliment any style or mood of décor.
From flashy metallic to homespun charm, these faux topiaries will add just the touch you need to complete original, theme-oriented bridal shower centerpieces!
In order to get started, a trip to the craft store may be in order. For each topiary, you'll need a flower pot, a wooden dowel, and a Styrofoam ball for the top. You'll also need a piece of Styrofoam cut to fit snugly in the bottom of the pot. Other items you'll need are the topiary covering (in this example, the red and pink wrapped candies) and the ribbon. Finally, if you have plain flower pots and want to decorate them, you'll need paints and brushes for that task.
First decorate your pots and let them dry. Then put the Styrofoam in the bottom of the pot and stick the wooden dowel straight down the center. (Poke a sharpened pencil into the base to get the hole started if you need help). Next, push the sphere, or top of the topiary, down onto the rod. Use hot glue to affix the candies, flowers, or other objects to the sphere, then add a few to the pot below. Finally, tie a ribbon around the "stem" and these bridal shower centerpieces are ready for show!
Surprising Fruit Centerpiece
You'll surprise and delight guests with one of these amazing fruit bridal shower centerpiece ideas. Making your own is easier than you might think!
To do it yourself, for each centerpiece you'll need a Styrofoam sphere, cocktail toothpicks, and pieces of cut fruit. Simply stab each piece of fruit with a toothpick, making sure enough of the toothpick pokes through so it will stick to the Styrofoam and hold. Start at the bottom and go all the way around in a full circle before moving to the next row. When you're finished, there's always room for a cherry on top!
You can make the fruit bridal shower centerpiece special for your party with one of clever alterations:
* Coordinate fruit shades to match your party theme or colors.
* Include cheese cubes in the arrangement.
* Opt for fresh veggies instead of fruit.
* Instead of circling the sphere, arrange the fruit in a spiral design.
* Cut a small hole in the top of the sphere for a cup of fruit or veggie dip.
Put one of these ideas to use, and you'll have a full service centerpiece that will be the hit of the party!
Sometimes the simplest centerpiece arrangement can have the biggest effect on your decorations. The photo below is an example of a truly elegant centerpiece with a stunning impact on the table, and it's so easy to do yourself!
All you need are several handfuls of wildflowers or "casual" stems from florists – Daisies, Coneflowers, and Black Eyed Susans are perfect, or choose any bloom to match your décor. Create a loose arrangement in a clear vase for a delicate touch, or opt for a solid colored vase to match your shower theme. Finally, for a breezy garden effect add a few pieces of greenery. It's a beautiful enhancement for this elegant bridal shower centerpiece!
A Gifted Centerpiece
Creating a centerpiece from a stack of gifts is not only adorable, but it's full of possibilities as well. The classic style you see in the photo is always a winner, but you can have a blast by coming up with alternatives.
Here are a few ideas.
* Create a sophisticated effect by decorating in monochrome. Matching boxes and ribbons will give the setting a formal feel for upscale events.
* Showcase your theme with printed wrapping paper. If you can't find a specific theme – butterflies or flowers, for example – opt for wrapping paper made for bridal showers. Choose a matching ribbon to go with the centerpiece.
* For a fun, funky effect, mix round and square boxes or stack boxes with the smallest at the bottom and have them get larger at the top. To keep mismatched boxes from toppling, weigh the base down with bricks.
* Pack your gift box centerpieces with party favors. When the party is over, have guests dig in to their centerpieces to discover their own take home gifts.
Include a holiday theme with these bridal shower centerpieces by tying holiday items at the top or along the ridges of the boxes.
Christmas ornaments, Halloween pumpkins, Easter eggs, and other popular holiday adornments are a fun nod toward the season when you include them with your bridal shower decorations.
Why pay for costly pre-made centerpieces when you can make these yourself? Your decorations will be the hit of the party!